Probate is the process of sorting out someone’s estate, their property, money and possessions after they’ve died.
At this stressful and emotional time, some families find it easier to appoint a professional to assist them with handling probate and other duties of an executor.
Rotherham Taylor are one of a small number of accountancy practices in the UK to be licensed to provide probate services by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- Obtain Grant of Probate
- Help you identify the assets and liabilities of the estate
- Access assets from bank accounts, property and share portfolios
- Consider any Deed of Variation opportunities
- Distribute the assets of the estate according to the terms of the Will
- Prepare and submit any outstanding Personal Tax Returns up to the date of death
- Prepare estate tax returns and settle outstanding tax liabilities of the estate
- Prepare the final estate accounts
- Provide advice on tax planning opportunities for the estate and/or for beneficiaries
- Provide ongoing inheritance tax and succession planning advice
We only charge for what we do and we do not add on a percentage fee based on the value of the estate.
Our existing detailed knowledge of a client’s financial affairs means we can act quickly and effectively on probate matters with consequent cost benefits.