We do not regard the audit as an annual box ticking exercise. We view it as an opportunity to understand more about a client’s business and our risk-based audit approach enables us to assess strengths and weaknesses in order to provide proactive strategic advice.
We also work with many clients such as not-for-profit organisations and solicitors’ practices to ensure they meet their specific reporting requirements.
Our accountancy services focus on understanding the needs and objectives of our clients and working closely with them to achieve their goals.
We can take care of all your bookkeeping and accounting requirements, including preparation of management accounts and compilation of year end financial statements.
We are experienced in a number of SAGE, Xero and Cloud-based accounting packages and can identify which is best for your business and provide training as required.
By constantly keeping up to date with legislative requirements, we provide our clients with proactive Corporate Tax advice and at the same time, relieve them of the increasingly onerous burden of compliance.
Beyond this, we develop bespoke tax efficient strategies to maximise shareholder wealth.
We advise on a number of areas including:
- R&D Tax Credits
- Capital Allowances
- Employee Incentive and Remuneration Schemes
- Corporation Tax
- Making Tax Digital
- Tax Investigation Protection
We have extensive experience of providing corporate finance advisory and transaction support services to our clients, ranging from small and medium owner managed businesses to listed companies.
Our services include:
- Purchaser and vendor financial due diligence
- Reporting accountant on listed company transactions
- Business sales and acquisitions
- Management of MBOs/MBIs
- Preparation of business plans and projections
- Sourcing of finance
- Establishment of banking facilities for national and international businesses
Business Start Up
We can advise you on the best structure for your new business based on our understanding of your strategic objectives. Starting a new business can be a daunting experience and so we pride ourselves on making the process as simple as possible.
Should incorporation be the desired route we can register a company with Companies House and HMRC as well as assisting with opening of bank accounts and the formulation of internal procedures and policies.
Unfortunately some businesses may face financial difficulty at some point in their life-cycle but we believe that dealing with the issues as soon as they are identified provides the best chance of survival.
We can help you in the following areas:
- Health check and solvency assessment
- Preparation of cash-flow models
- Cost reduction/revenue enhancement recommendations
- Securing Time to Pay arrangements with HMRC
- Sourcing of alternative finance
VAT is a fundamental part of business cash flow and the regime itself is becoming increasingly complex to the extent that many businesses struggle with compliance.
To relieve clients of this burden, we provide the following services:
- VAT registration
- Selection of appropriate VAT accounting scheme
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns
- Partial exemption advice
- Land and property transaction advice
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries and investigations
We have a dedicated payroll team which provides a comprehensive and confidential payroll service which includes:
- Setting up of a payroll scheme
- Weekly or monthly payroll processing
- Administration of PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay
- Administration of incentive schemes, bonuses, and ex-gratia and termination payments
- Administration of pension schemes including compliance with Auto Enrolment
- Completion of statutory forms, including year end returns
- Student loans
- Workplace pensions
To assist our clients with the increasingly onerous task of Companies Act compliance we provide a full range of Company Secretarial services including:
- Incorporation of Companies
- Maintenance of statutory records
- Share transfers and purchase of own shares
- Drafting of special provisions in the Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Appointment and removal of company officers
- Drafting resolutions and submission to the Registrar
- Dissolutions and restorations
- Completion of Confirmation Statements
- Provision of registered office facilities
- Share issues
Landed estates and rural businesses
Landed estate owners and rural business people encounter particular tax issues and financial challenges.
Due to the substantial amount of capital tied up in a rural estate or agricultural business, you need to make sure that your assets are properly protected, your tax burden is minimised and your estate is in good financial shape to be passed on to the next generation.
At Rotherham Taylor, we can provide expert help with:
- Business plans
- Accounts and tax returns
- Capital Tax mitigation
- Diversification schemes
- Structure including Trusts
- Compensation payment advice
- Inheritance Tax (IHT) and succession planning
We also have excellent links with specialist advisors which allow us to offer our clients support with agricultural subsidy payments.
Preparing and planning for Brexit
As the country works toward leaving the European Union, the Government is entering unchartered territory which involves ripping up the rule books, and with them, our laws and European values.