Where do I start?
Before anything else, you need to sit down and prepare a business plan. A business plan is fundamental to any successful business, providing a roadmap for its future direction.
Every business plan is different, but they will generally cover points including:
- Details of your products and services;
- Information setting out how your business will actually operate;
- Information about what you want to get out of the business;
- The form business will take – Limited Company, sole trader or partnership, etc;
- Cost and pricing information;
- Market research;
- Details of how you will market your products or services;
- Budgets; and
- Financial forecasts.
Experienced professional advice can be invaluable in creating an effective business plan, both in terms of the financial elements, but also in creating highly detailed and sophisticated plans that will give you an edge over your competitors.
Our team is experienced in helping entrepreneurs across a wide range of sectors to create business plans, including ensuring that the proposals are commercially effective and tax-efficient.
Banks, lenders and prospective investors will all expect you to have a robust business plan in place before they lend or invest.